How can your site stand out?
There are millions of websites on the internet and hundreds if not thousands of them do the exact same think that you do.
Strong content is going to be the most powerful way to grab the attention of the search engines as well as allow for individuals to tweet and like your content in the social arena.
What needs to be done to help your site rise above the rest:
1. Title Tag: Displays at the top of your browser and is displayed in search engine results.
2. Description Tag: is a meta element that, as the name states, provide a description of the content on the page.
3. Header Tags: specifies the heading of a content area or section and have more value than a standard content paragraph
4. Alt Tags: These tags are a place for an image description that help the search engines understand what is in the picture.
5. Get Indexed: Submitting a sitemap to the search engines will allow your site to be found by the Search Engines and start your climb up the search engine results pages.
The first four steps should include the keywords that you are targeting on the respective page.
These tips are just the beginning and alone will not shoot you up the rankings.